version of Betty was initially constructed to work as both a low poly
character and a metanurb character.
Originally, the head was to be animated via bones, but Lightwave 5.6 bones turned out to be far too labor intensive to work with long term. The theory had been that facial animation via bones would tend to yield more spontaneous and natural looking performances.
When the switch was made to morph target animation was decided on, this object was abandoned because of the complexity of the mesh. I felt I would be easier to create a new model with morphing in mind.
In 2001, I revisited v3 Betty for my web page. To my surprise, I found that I really liked how v3 looked despite the numerous problems the object had. So, I went about fixing her up.